Monday, July 02, 2007

REAL ART!! (Thanks to Pixar)

Finally! Thursday, Friday and Saturday l spent down in Melbourne attending some visiting speakers from Pixar at ACMI's 20 Years of Pixar exhibition. I can't describe in the blog what l got out of this so l won't even try! However one thing l managed to do was to be inspired enough to come home and spend yesterday painting. With REAL paint. I'd bought a small pack of gouache a few months ago with a plan to try to paint again. Something l'd been hoping to do for the last 5 years since l discovered Painter and hid my paintbox under the bed.

To cut a long story short: the following 2 paintings are far from my best work ... but hey, they're REAL.




(I must mention that l used Bob Kato's method when painting these, which is why l stole his intense aqua uplight in the second painting. I'd actually like to go back and fix this (along with a few other things) but l can't remix the colours l need .... if only l had an eyedropper tool.)

2 comments:

Leia Martin said...

Its fantastic your painting for real, but don't downplay it, these are great!!! And don't downplay your digital stuff as there would be many talented painters that could never do what you do on a computer! And I'm just glad to see a new post!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.